Thursday, November 10, 2005

home

The trees outside my house appear shimmering with a grayness that is absorbed from the surrounding air. I sit and look at the angry night sky pouring down its waves upon the weeping city below. There is nothing to see here. Some buildings half left undone, some falling asunder, alleyways that always lead to damp, dark brick walls where perches a burning ember. Neon lights viewed from above, while spiraling down to the city of vital passion.

A lustful red adorns her soft spirit. Cautious, as I proceed towards her, I always stay a little quiet. A twist of the apparition thrown toward my wanting eyes and I pivot toward impending doom.

Two stories curl around each other and create a bewildered heart hell bent on descending to the lights, I eye so suspiciously. Where is the green-blue checkered board that lay outside my home and house?

Naked innocence clustered together under the umbrella of water. Their eyes! Machines capture the twisted fate of questions posed by youth and the past.

A robotic empire lying under the weight of waves of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home