Wednesday, November 09, 2005

hurricane

One day when walking down the street, I met a hurricane.
We shook hands (he was upside down); I thought he was insane.
"I am insane!" he said to me. "I've always been that way.
You think too much. (You must be old!) Now come with me and play."

He was so young, and I so old! I huffed and puffed and panted!
He jumped and pranced and rolled and danced and waved and raved and ranted!
My bones were breaking, and I was shaking; I knew that I would faint.
He laughed with glee at my misery and said, "Old man, you're quaint!

"You think I'm young? You're full of dung! I'm older than the sky,
But I look like I was born today! You ever wondered why?
Everyday I go to play and everyday it's fun!
So play with me! Woo-hoo wee-hee! We've only just begun!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home