Friday, April 14, 2006

done

I write
for no reason.
I write knowing
that these words
will drown
in the babbling
seas of voices
that lie
beyond my eyes.
I write,
even though I know
that
I am an imposter,
though I am not
good
enough
and never will
be.

I decorate my lines
with images and words
that sound good,
often sad,
maybe beautiful.
I fool many
and many more
fool me.
But it would be
nice if I
stopped
fooling
myself
and
threw away
my pen


and, maybe
my memory too


I give myself too much importance.
That's why I'm here.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Viennese said...

very nice

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop blowing your own trumpet, silly!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry. i try not to, but it happens.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey your poems are quite good.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home