Saturday, March 25, 2006

Simon Speaks

I am Simon, child of no one, destined to be father to none
Strong of hand and sincere in my words
I sit astride Rangatoon, the most valiant of the finch army
He is my companion as we scour the land for Rasputin

I speak many languages (many that others do not know exist)
I can see more than mortal eyes and I can know what you may not
It is inevitable that I see then
But I rarely understand what or why

I can see myself though
Separate each- body and soul
Both fighting between the two
While this battle rages beyond

The army follows me
I take the position thrust on young shoulders
Always comforting, wondering-wandering
And falling in love

Wanting to sit quiet
Before a vast vista of time
Or a shallow body of water
That harbours a tree by its side

But I make promises I must keep
And I shall
It must be done
For the blind one read it in his book
For I am Simon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home